Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful Series (Make Up Post)

Well, this is to make up for the post I didn't get to yesterday.

Today (Yesterday) I am thankful for:

1.  Shrimp and grits for lunch.  You people have no idea how I love Cajun food.  Or grits.  Or grits with gravy and green onions and tasso.  And shrimp.  The clouds part.  Angels sing.  Planets align.  I lose consciousness.

2.  Being able to type one hundred strokes a minute.  Especially when I have to work on something that literally takes me all.day.long. to type.

3.  Having a small market/grocery in my rural community and not having to go to Kroger the week of Thanksgiving.

4.  Watching my husband and daughter engage in warfare with paper planes made from pink (for girls) and blue (for boys) paper planes.

5.  Making a more aerodynamic paper plane than my my gladiator husband until he tapes three together to have giant wings and lift and it is like a torpedo coming at me going 78 mph.

6.  Having a gladiator husband, who also doubles as a cowboy and farmer. *sigh*

7.  Having a gladiator/cowboy/farmer husband that loves to play paper planes with a 9 year old little girl and takes her to dentist appointments and then to eat Chinese food.

8.  Having a 9 year old little girl that says the egg drop soup at the Chinese place is almost as good as mine.

9.  Watching my gladiator/cowboy/farmer husband do the Risky Business slide almost every single day on our wood floors.  It makes me smile every time.  One day he will fall.  I would have fallen the first time.

10.  Not cooking supper the week of Thanksgiving and having a family that is totally okay with that.

~~ Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment