Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Series

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!


Today I am thankful for:


1.  Waking up to the smell of turkey.  Heaven help me.


2.  Mashed potatoes....with real butter and heavy cream.  Katie bar the door.


3.  Gravy....even if it I had to make two separate gravies because I cannot deal with the chipped "guts" in mine.  Aagck!


4.  Homemade mac-n-cheese with french fried onions.  Oh my.


5.  Ree's green bean casserole.  Quick! Someone fan me; I am swooning.


6.  Sweet potatoes.


7.  Homemade yeast rolls.


8.  Chicken and dressing.


9.  Coconut cream pie.


10.  Being blessed by the Almighty to be a phenomenal cook.


11.  Seeing the look of pure bliss and contentment on the faces of the people I cooked for :)

I am also thankful to all of those who went before me.  I am blessed to have a warm happy house with electricity and running water and a stove and refrigerator and dishwasher.  Despite the frantic madness of the food preparation, the first Thanksgiving feast was not quite as convenient to prepare.  When thinking of the death and disease and sickness that the early settlers and Pilgrims had to endure just to get here and how the first Thanksgiving was so they could offer thanks to the Lord after having survived in the wilderness for three years...  Thank you.  Thank you to our forefathers who sought a better life.  Thank you for sailing halfway across the world and not having any clue what you were getting yourselves into.  Thank you for establishing a Christian nation and a tradition of giving thanks; so that I too can join hands with my beloved family around a delicious feast in my warm and happy home and give thanks to the Lord Almighty for the bounty of blessings that He has abundantly bestowed upon each and every one of us.

Isaiah 58:11 - The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. (NIV)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my family and friends near and far.  I love you all.

(let the Black Friday festivities BEGIN!)

Love,

~~Gena



No comments:

Post a Comment