Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Some January sewing :)

It isn't often that my office is closed, but since it is near the end of deer season, my attorney employer decided that MLK Day was a good day for him to hunt, since the Courthouse was closed anyway.  I hunted too, but the only movement that I saw in the woods was the family of squirrels doing zumba beneath my shooting house. Ha!

But before I went hunting, I decided to do some sewing.

And let me state here that I had previously made the decision to participate in the Swoon Along.....

But before I could start another project, I knew I HAD to finish something I had going otherwise my fabulous most amazing, sweet husband would say something about me never finishing a project before I start a new one and so on and so forth and I knew he would be right and I just couldn't let THAT happen!

So - I decided to finish something so I could Swoon :)

(And let me apologize for the poor quality pictures.  I took these with my cell phone.)

I have been working on this off and on for a while.  It is a terrible wonky mess and has LOTS of mistakes, but generally I am okay with it because I learned a lot about what NOT to do when you are making it up as you go (and why you might should write stuff down if you work on it and leave it alone for a while):



I have all kinds of seams that don't match and had to add sashing because I was way off, blah blah blah.

I am going to add 18" of white all the way around so it will be a full queen size for the bed.

This is going to be the backing:


The picture has a funky hue to it, but it is just the lovely glow of the indoor lighting.  I love the farm print.  It is perfect.


I am going to send it to the quilter just because I have no desire to quilt a queen size quilt on my Singer and because she will probably get a kick out of trying to straight line quilt something that doesn't have matching seams.  And because I have no desire to attempt straight line quilting on something that doesn't have matching seams and because the quilter probably needs a challenge like that. :)

And I have throw pillows forming in my head with some coordinating fabric and some AB Temple Tulips.  Aaaah.

And now that I have that out of the way......




Hope Valley for the Swoon Along!

YAY!!!

And I have some County Fair that I bought for $3.49/yd that I will be using for the backing.  YAY!


I am also working on clothes for the Valentine Banquet.... Hannah will be in ice cream white and pink gingham.  I will be all decked out in sparkly black tulle in a skirt inspired from the Tinseltown line from the Shabby Apple website and courtesy of a 50% off deal and Joann gift card I received for Christmas.   I will post pics of those projects once I get them finished.

Here is the inspiration for my get up:



I ordered my red gloves this morning :)

xoxoxo
~~ Gena









1 comment:

  1. I really like the blue and white quilt- reminds me of those willow dishes I love. The swoon quilt will be really pretty in those colors.

    ReplyDelete